29.12.08

クリスマス//Gears of War 2

Well Christmas is by far come and gone now, and New Years is just on the horizon. I also have not made a post on here for a while. Sweet! I was actually planning a Top 5 Enjoyable SNES games, but decided to maybe, well, play more SNES games before doing that. Anyway, I hope everyone's Christmas went well, mine certainly did. I got a bunch of clothes, a External Drive, My Japanese Coach for DS and a bunch of money. I am ordering shit from the internet with that money. Like, for example...a Mikuru figure. As well as a special little something for my DS. Charge me $90 for a JP game will you, internet? Prepare to be thwarted!

I finally got a chance to rev up my 360 again with Gears of War 2. Solid, solid game. One of the best N.A franchises, for sure. I mean this purely in the Multiplayer sense. The campaign mode is tolerable for the most part, but has little appeal. It was way too long and became very tedious. There was always some really huge task the team had to perform. But before that, they had to do a huge task to make the first huge task possible. Then oh crap, you gotta do a major mission before you can do the huge task before the main huge task. The dialogue was funny at least. Not in the most complimentary way.

Dom: "Marcus! Maria! DAMMIT!" *cry* "...oh. This seems to be...a building."
Carmine: "Jeez! What was that?"
Marcus: "Whatever it is...it's not friendly."

In the end, the formula for dialogue was thus:

Dom: State obvious.
Baird: Say something arrogant and smartalicky.
Cole: Scream loudly and make a football metaphor (sorry, 'Thrashball" metaphor).
Carmine: You have a bad feeling about this.
Marcus: Give a short, empty answer. But say it gruffly to sound tough.

However, you can just curb stomp the campaign, and focus on multiplayer. All the games modes are fun, Horde being especially so. When you play online, though, make sure you have a good connection going. If you have slight delays and lag, you're in for a world of sorrow. If you're keeping up with everyone else, happy chainsawing. ;D


Remember me from the first one? I was fearsome, right? Yeah, well, I'm really quite disposable and easy to defeat.

On the DS I got Phoenix Wright/Gyakuten Saiban 3. It's quite enjoyable, I play before going to bed. Maya in a Maid outfit is pure gold. Godot is an alright guy, but I miss Edgeworth. I'm on Case 3 at the moment, and I must say... the French chef is the creepiest character to come out of this series, and this series has had some rather...unappealing characters before.

Anyway, that's it. No Official review (though a short unofficial one) or Top 5 tonight. Oyasumi!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finished the Campaign mode on Normal last month. It was okay, but it dragged on and on. Multiplayer is a lot of fun, even if I'm not good at all.

I need to get Justice for All. I bought Trials and Tribulations thinking it was the second game. :D